An interview from the 2015 National Association of Broadcasters Convention in Las Vegas with Andy Bellamy of AJA Video Systems. AJA Video is a manufacturer of digital video interface, conversion and desktop solutions, for the professional broadcast and post-production markets.
In this interview Andy talks with us about recent v1.2 Firmware update to the AJA CION camera, as well as support for Convergent Design & ATOMOS recorders.
Some of the firmware updates in v1.2 include....
- Improved white balance performance for over exposed image portions.
- Improved video levels with higher IRE values available for various EI, gamma and color correction combinations.
- Additional gamma and color correction options for higher EI 800 and EI 1000 values.
- New LUT Support - Internal video gamma LUT for external monitoring of the Expanded 1 or Disabled gamma selections when an external LUT device is not in use.
- Auto White Balance Alarm — Notifies users if an image does not contain a sufficient value of white or grey to perform an appropriate white balance and reverts to the unity setting.
- Time Lapse Function Indicator — Interval record (time lapse) indication for the superimposed monitoring overlay.
- Expanded RGB output — SMPTE or full RGB range values can now be selected for the main SDI outputs.
AJA Video Systems today launched #TryCION, a new promotion seeding 100 CION cameras with qualified shooters. This new program, currently only available in North America, provides filmmakers, cinematographers and camera operators with easy access to CION to see and experience the camera first hand in production. #TryCION will run through the end of summer 2015. Cameras are being made available on loan to qualifying applicants. Additional AJA CION accessories are also included with the loan program. Individuals interested in the program can apply online here: www.aja.com
For more information please visit: www.AJA.com